Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tim Burton

Hello, today I'm gonna talk to you about the head of somebody I like. His name is Tim Burton, and is a american director, producer, desginer and writter. He born in August 25 in 1958, and he was so introverted and excentric. When he was a child, he liked to frighten another kids from his neighbourhood, doing as he kill somebody, or telling everyone that alliens were coming. He was never a good student, but he was really creative and smart in artistic things. He always liked to see horror and science fiction movies, drawing things that he imagined, and painting. But mostly, he was always a great designer, and he won design competitions from his home town. When he finished high school, he went to study to California's Arts Insitute, institution created by Walt Disney, when he specialized in animation, and then he is hired to cooperate in proyects and films.
But he had problems working at Disney's productions. His designs was too dark and his style was not understandood by the another producers, so he started a single career, having the support from another companies interested on his ideas. And was on this time when he filmed first "Vincent" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQcBKUPm8o&feature=related) and then "Frankenweenie" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r34yz-xC4xQ&feature=related).
And is on this point of his life when he managed the reconnaissance that he nedded to start filming feature films. His first full-lenght film was "Pee-wee's great adventure". In 1988 He filmed Beetlejuice, an amazing character that he had created that even I saw on TV when I was a little girl. And then, he hasn't stoped amazing us with his beautifull scenes. I feel my favourite film is Edward Scissorhands, but I like all the movies in general. But is my favourite, because I think that every thing on that movie is beatufull. Everything; From the characters till the paradoxical and black humoristic scenes. Actually, Burton is filming a remake of Frankenweenie in Stopmotion 3D. Obviously, I will going to see it.

2 comments:

  1. I love him and His wife, is an amazing actress, he made my childhood was happy and feed my strange world and imagination, but, recently he dissapointed me a little, for example, with "alice in wonderlan" I hope more or other thing...
    I like the things he writes too. Like "the melachonly death of oyster boy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love de black humor of his movies and how he shows his opinion about the world.

    I dont know the "Frankenweenie" short film. Its great that Tim Burton is doing a remake.

    ReplyDelete